Please help keep Portland's waters clean, even if you don't live here it will be greatly appreciated
short story (sorta long)
Basically nobody really wants our waters to be fluoridated they have tried voting on it many times and it has always been overturned. This year the city council (of 5 ... who hate mountain biker...another story) voted by them selves that they they would fluoridate our waters, the public had no say in this. I come from a family of dentists, me my dad and other dentists all agree that water fluoridation is not an affective method of keeping our teeth clean. I have talked to chemists who also feel the same. And it violates an individual's right to consent to medication.
First of all, Portland Public Schools already provides free Fluoride rinses and has for years. It's topical (as Fluoride is intended to be used), not ingested, has a controlled dose, provides medical choice, and is much cheaper than a $5 million plant with a $575,000 per year operating cost.
If we decide that we do even want to arbitrarily medicate everyone in Portland regardless of their consent or medical needs, drinking water is an incredibly inefficient way of doing so. Only 0.5% of tap water is consumed, leaving 99.5% of this toxic chemical to go into our environment. it is an act of terrorism to dump fluorite in any stream river or other area of wildlife.
if you want to read more its in the link
sigh this petetion: http://www.change.org/petitions/city-council-of-portland-oregon-don-t-fluoridate-portland-s-drinking-water
Racism is the lowest form of human stupidity, but Islamophobia is the height of common sense -sioe