1) No crash section
2) Don't over edit to the music, however...
3) Edit to the music, for the love of god
4) Don't have shots with 10,000 angle changes all at once, its stupid.
5) Do not try to be funny, it never works.
5.5) Do not try to be 'tuff' that never works either.
6) Do not default to slow motion, its boring
7) 80's pop
9) If the skier falls, don't put it in the movie, and don't cut it out right before he falls, thats terrible.
10) Try to use themes, concepts and songs that haven't been done yet, it makes for a rad section.
11) Show the skier skiing away briefly, there is nothing I hate more than seeing someone land, but the scene cuts out before you are convinced that they landed the trick.
Anyways, good luck