1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
My budget is around $250 and could increase if I get a job so lets say under $300. And I want it soon so no saving.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever
even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera?
Have you owned your own?
Right now I have a HDD memory camera. It's pretty low quality but holds a lot of clips and has a decent zoom. This was filmed with it using Sony vegas pro 9.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
Right now I have a tripod, mini tripod and a fish eye, though the fish eye screws on loose.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your
camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting
skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies,
documentaries, short films, etc)
I mainly want it to shoot skiing and other sports like inline, trampoline and the such. Basically high speed sports. I've also been giving my best try at gun scenes and editing.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could
or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you
be doing all the filming?
Me, my friend and my brother would mainly film and we all got decent experience so this is not a problem.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave
it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
We've never filmed with a tri pod or anything..just by hand. This creates shaky footage but it was the best we had. I would like to be able to follow cam with a handle and tripod shoot.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently
editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics,
such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
I have windows xp with added RAM and harddrive space. Lag is not a problem.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with
it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard
Now I use Sony Vegas Pro 9. I am pretty decent at it getting some tricks down but by no means an expert. This is some of my best editing.
I want a camera with decent slow mo and def good HD.
I have been looking at the DXG-a80v. Good choice? Advice?