Gonna get hate for this but I might as well tell people my story.
So it started out like very other Friday night I used to have; drinking (lots of it) and other things of that nature. So we finish our beer and we decided we need more. Awesome idea right? WRONG!! I am the only one that has a car so they ask me to drive, and being under the influence I say yes because I know people that do it all the time and I thought "Ill never get caught." I was wrong. The worst part was this was the first time I ever got behind the wheel after drinking.
So we leave to go get more beer. On the way there I am driving and a I round a corner to see 4 maybe 5 cop cars parked in the median of the road, so i naturally slow down and stop to the officer waving me over. He asks me what I think all of this was for. Being from Pennsylvania and know what DUI checkpoints look like (and this situation looks exactly like a DUI) I ask him is it was a DUI check point. That was my second mistake. So he asks me to pull over.
So we go through the whole pre-procedure bull shit... license/registration/insurance. He then asks me to step out of the car and proceeds to give me a field sobriety test, of course I failed I had been drinking quite a bit. So I got taken to jail at 1 AM Saturday morning.
I then get to jail and get all my initial processing done (takes forever). Since I had some time to sit there and think of how much a fucking idiot I was I got to collect myself together, I then finally get moved to a holding cell/drunk tank at 8 AM Saturday morning.
End of it all I got released from the county jail at 9PM that night.
All in all there was a lot I learned:
- NEVER drink and drive, under any situation no matter how much shit you can get in, getting arrested for a DUI is worse than anything else
- If for some reason you do get a DUI, do not take the field sobriety test. Sat "I respectfully decline taking the test, take me to jail." It works out much better that way.
How I have changed from this:
- I have now been sober for over a month and a half
- I workout every day, going with the sobriety Ive decided to become an overall healthier person
- I am now working on securing 2 jobs so I can payoff the 4-10 grand that I now owe my parents
Sloth out with my broth out. -nutella