So as many of you may know, RED is going to release all the info for the Scarlet and the Epic on Oct 30 2009. The press release will include pricing, release schedule, order info, accessories, etc...
I've found a great site that has up to the minute updates and threads all about the Scarlet:
It's a great site and the members are very helpful.
In case you don't know what the Scarlet is, here is some info in a nutshell:
- 4 different camera brains
1. fixed lens 2/3" sensor @ 3K 1-120 FPS price ~2500$
2. red mini, b4 or c mount 2/3" sensor @ 3K 1-120 FPS~2500$?
3. Nikon, PL, Canon, etc mount S35 sensor @ 5K 1-30 FPS ~5000$?
4. Nikon, PL, Canon, etc mount FF35 sensor @ 6K 1-30 FPS ~7000$?
THE RED SCARLET CAN ALSO BE USED AS A STILL CAMERA
There is also a shit ton of accessories, but, the estimated price for the Fixed Lens Kit is around 3750$. That's pretty damn good for a ready to film camera if you don't require amazing DOF.
I'm personally looking into getting the Nikon Mount with the 5K camera and accessories for a total of about $8K.
Let's use this thread as a discussion are for the camera and everyone's general thoughts on RED's very first PRO-Sumer camera packages.
Check out the new 2008-09 Moment Skis Site!!!!