I've found a great site that has up to the minute updates and threads all about the Scarlet:
It's a great site and the members are very helpful.
In case you don't know what the Scarlet is, here is some info in a nutshell:
- 4 different camera brains
1. fixed lens 2/3" sensor @ 3K 1-120 FPS price ~2500$
2. red mini, b4 or c mount 2/3" sensor @ 3K 1-120 FPS~2500$?
3. Nikon, PL, Canon, etc mount S35 sensor @ 5K 1-30 FPS ~5000$?
4. Nikon, PL, Canon, etc mount FF35 sensor @ 6K 1-30 FPS ~7000$?
THE RED SCARLET CAN ALSO BE USED AS A STILL CAMERA
There is also a shit ton of accessories, but, the estimated price for the Fixed Lens Kit is around 3750$. That's pretty damn good for a ready to film camera if you don't require amazing DOF.
I'm personally looking into getting the Nikon Mount with the 5K camera and accessories for a total of about $8K.
Let's use this thread as a discussion are for the camera and everyone's general thoughts on RED's very first PRO-Sumer camera packages.
For more RED Scarlet info, visit http://www.red.com/epic_scarlet/