well if it is illegal people rarely get charged for smoking in canada..
here in the US Cali might have a vote on legalizing it(and all good people over 18 will show up hopefully that is enough, since a ton of the people who like it won't have a vote). And if Cali does it the rest of the US follows.
Ummm...i have little knowledge on the whole weed movement, but i do know everyone is the thread is a little retarted. 1) From what I have heard, weed is not legal in any way in Amsterdam, just super chill and down to earth cops who dont make a big deal of it
2) Decriminalized does not mean legal. It means you can not be thrown in jail for it. You will still have it confiscated, and most likely receive a fine
3) Amsterdam is not the only place weed is decriminalized. It has also been decriminalized in MA. Where an adult caught possesing less then an ounce recives like a $200 fine without possibility of jail time. A minor will have his parents notified and receive a direct citation.
4) You were reading wikepedia..
5) Even if it was some how decriminalized in Canada, and it wasnt broadcasted throughout the country, in a way you did not hear about it, in most scenarios the cop would confiscate all of your marijuana, tell your parents (if your a minor), take down all your information, and you would be fined.
6) I understand you were asking a simple question, but it was a stupid question so you received a few sarcastic answers, dont start freaking the fuck out and ripping on anyone who gave you said sarcastic answer.