i have been reading around the forums and have finally decided to let out my frustration as i listen to my juelz santana, hung over and tired.so here it goes:
well freeskier is wack, its a shit magazine that sucks the dick of less than ten "super" pros, you think that having matt harvey as editor it would get better just because he started NS and knows a thing or two about the youth of skiing right? wrong.
what they need are some upgrades to the magazine:
1) inspiring interviews with am's, im fucking tired of reading about peter olenicks big balls doing some dumb double flip,
2) cut the shitty ad's, like north 44? who the fuck are these people? of course freeskier needs to make money but there are bunch of companies that dont even have ad's in freeskier that could potentially be there ex. dragon
3) photos of less known skiers. not simon dumont with the same fucking angle that i saw in that movie
4) photos of rails, are minimal. its so refreshing to see those because as sweet as a big cliff shot is, it looks the exact same as the rest of the photos in the magazine and the year before that. i applaud freeskier for the cover photo with sammy carlson, for the photo annual. a fantastic photo, but there has to be more of that!
5) creativity. the layout is shit and has stayed the same for a long time. the road trip challenge was the best article of the year for sure, but there needs to be more like that!
6) help launch the careers of some skiers for christ sake! because they have either contests, movies and photos. contests are fucking boring so if you wanna break out of that you do photos and movies. however, when freeskier only takes those photos of jon olsson doing the same jump photo, your killing the next generation of skiers! and there is alot of availible photos that can be used. and movie wise, your only gonna get in there if you did really well in a contest, know people or win superunknown
7) photos from different areas of the world, not just colorado fuck! if you wanna be the world wide representer of freeskiing, because that is what you are. you should step up your game already
dont get the impression that i dont read. cause i do, alot. magazines moreso than books, and i read snowboard magazines, specifically snowboard canada. now that is a quality magazine. published quarterly, it contains about 3 freeskiers within each with enough interesting articles to keep one occupied for a long long time. sbc skier is good but there is too much of a focus on big mountain. like thats cool but alot of kids cant relate to that shit, like coming from ontario, where your biggest cliffs are 15 feet to flat, you cant really do that all the time. if you wanna inspired creative skiers, you have to show that if you use your surroundings to its maximum potential, you can and will succeed and can do something with your skiing.
bring the hate and the love, because im ready