The Solid Seven will be a whenever the hell I feel like it article series detailing 7 solid, not necessarily great, skiing related topics. Whether it is 7 questions with everyone's favorite pro Jason Arens *cough* finish the damn interview *cough* (yes it's still not done yet), 7 epic BC jump shots, or the 7 gnarliest bails from the previous month, just know I'm doing you a solid.
The man, the myth, the legend who seemingly broke the internet last January and has been killing it for years. Candide Thovex.
1. You all knew this was going to be top of the list. The greatest GoPro POV edit ever filmed that has amassed over 17 million views in just over 11 months, wowing everyone that has seen it including your dog.
2. Going mach 10 through tight tree glades, inches from getting ripped in two, is just another day of skiing for Candide and his homie Aziz Benkrich.
3. Candide's skiing in this is incomparable to anything I've seen, ever. No speed checks, no nothing. And after each line i can't think of any better way to ski down that mountain face. It's just perfection in every sense of the word. His entire Candide Kamera series is incredible but this has to be my favorite.
4. Few Words; a documentary on Candide's life of humble beginnings, rise to fame, horrible setback, and resurgence as one of the world's best freeskiers ever. If you haven't seen this movie, you are missing out on the history behind one of our sport's greatest skiers.
5. Cork 810 to rail. At the age of 33. What the fuck. (Still got the pole plant in too.)
6. While Chad's Gap was named after Chad Zurinskas, a Utah native that was allegedly the first person to find the gap, Candide was the first person to successfully clear it, with a D-Spin 7 nonetheless.
7. After his back breaking crash on Big Bertha at his Invitational in 2007, Candide was told he would never be able to ski again. Fast forward to 2010 at the Red Bull Linecatcher and Candide wowed the skiing world by winning that handily and only a few months later, going on to win the Freeride World Tour. The stuff of legends indeed Mr. Thovex.