Nike ACG unveils Sweetspots: a unique venture into showcasing skiing and snowboarding at their most captivating
A Sweetspot is a moment in time when effort and talent combine perfectly. It’s an experience of purity when everything comes together and the spectacular is achieved.
Nike ACG athletes have travelled across the globe to document their own Sweetspots with some of the most respected film production teams in the world. They have returned with tales of epic powder, tricks mastered, new experiences, unforgettable sessions and memories that will live forever as their own Sweetspot.
Working with the likes of Absinthe, PoorBoyz and Blank Paper Studio the riders have their own unique stories showcased in 2-3 minute films which will be available to view on http://www.nikeacg.com from 1st October 2007.
Sweetspots launches with 8 stories featuring top international talent including: Henning Marthinsen; Andreas Hatveit; Gary Zebrowski and Richard Permin.
The 8 films upon launch will be:
- Henning Marthinsen; on location with Blank Paper Studio in Revelstoke (CAN)
- Andreas Hatveit; on location with PoorBoyz Productions in Sandpoint (Idaho, USA)
- Gary Zebrowski; on location with Absinthe in Zermatt (SUI)
- Richard Permin; on location with Rage Productions in Solden (AUT)
- Ulrik Badertscher; on location with SkiFilm in Oslo (NOR)
- Sverre Liliquist; on location with Focus (ed. by Pixel Family) in the Lyngen Alps (NOR)
- Henning Martinsen & Andreas Hatveit; on location with Audience33 in Les Deux Alpes (FRA)
- Paddy Graham; on location with Friday in Kaunertal (AUT)
The campaign will continue through the winter season and cross over into summer with white water kayaking, basejumping and climbing all featured. Nike ACG will also be inviting amateur filmmakers and shredders alike to upload their own films. The best of these will make it onto http://www.nikeacg.com.
In addition, Nike ACG will be running a competition to pull together a specially selected crew to shoot their own Sweetspot. Aspiring film makers, photographers, directors and producers will have the opportunity to create their own official Nike ACG Sweetspot later this season which will feature alongside the riders’ own films.
View the Trailer