The Ski Monster crew traveled up to Burlington, Vermont to record a podcast with the one and only Jason Levinthal at his new J Skis Intergalactic HQ. It turned out to be a super dope conversation with the dude responsible for so much of what the sport of skiing is today. We covered some interesting stories ranging from the Line/Full Tilt days to everything he has going on with the J Skis brand and his new space right on Main Street in Burlington.
- How the Line Prophet series revolutionized the all-mountain ski category by offering the same ski in different waist widths.
- Jay’s idea behind working with “local heroes” rather than comp jocks to assemble one of the best pro teams skiing has ever seen.
- The inception of Full Tilt Boots and how the brand disrupted the market and caused some of the biggest boot manufacturers to panic.
- How the iconic T Wall pro model boots with the tongues came to be.
- Jay’s current vision for the J Skis brand, specifically his new retail/bar/ski hangout space in Burlington, VT.
- Berkowitz revealing that Jay denied him a sponsorship in 1999 because he’s a “hucker” with mogul style.
Follow the link below to listen to J Lev or any of the other BSP episodes wherever you get podcasts!