I rode the Vandal for about 2 weeks at Mammoth during the slush fest that was Superpark 21. I spent my time on the 179 length which was a bit short for me, as they were originally intended to go to Twig, but I enjoyed the nimbleness they offered.
Whether it was Bunch bouncing rails in the kidís park, hitting the mid-range jumps (Iím not trying to kill myself), or swerving around, I can confidently say the ski slayed every facet of the park. The flex is smooth, not too soft but not too stiff, letís you really lay into butters & hold them out longer than you could on stiffer (or softer) offerings.
On the flip-side, when I ventured outside of the park, I felt the 179 was somewhat unstable at high speeds but I would have been happier on the 186 at my size, and the extra length would have helped with that. The rocker definitely shortens the ski's effective edge which made the ski seem even shorter for me, so I would recommend sizing up.
Overall, I would say the Vandal is a great ski for someone who likes to ski park just as much as they like to rip around the entire mountain.
Characteristics: Forgiving, buttery, fun.
The Vandalís supportive dimensions open up the whole mountain for playful objectives; from cruising rollers up high to quick hits in the park down below. The rockered and tapered tip and tail shape allow this ski to smear, release and grip the fall line on demand in a variety of conditions.
Sizes: 158, 165, 172, 179, 186
Dimensions: 126 - 100 - 122 @179cm
Radius: 18m @172cm
- Merchant Sale Price Retail Price
- GearTrade.com $900.00 $950.00 Kye 110 4frnt 188cm Alpine Touring Setup
- GearTrade.com $700.00 $769.00 179cm 2015 4FRNT Hoji Skis - 2016 Marker Jester bindings
- GearTrade.com $600.00 $630.00 4frnt Kye 110 alpine touring setup
- GearTrade.com $367.47 $387.47 4FRNT MSP 187 cm Skis
- GearTrade.com $519.99 $579.99 4FRNT Kye 120 skis Limited Edition