Yo NS whatsupp,
I'm looking to get my first touring setup and dont know what skis to get.
First, some background info:
Im 6'4, 225lbs and ski in the European Alps. Pretty strong skier.
Usually like some tip and tail rocker in my skis, but dont know much about touring. Is it going to be a pain in the ass with less grip area?
Also nice to have a twin-tip for the occasional switch riding.
Should handle every condition, but will probably not go out when the snow is really shitty.
Anyway, narrowed it to a few skis, but open for other suggestions:
- Bentchetler 100 (Blister review is good, but are those too heavy for a dedicated touring ski at 1880 gr? especially when new to touring?)
- Wildcat Tour 108 (sounds awesome on paper, though no reviews and maybe a tad too wide as a everyday touring ski?)
- Amplid Facelift 102/108 (dito on paper, very expensive though)
More dedicated touring skis I looked at (Though they are not twin tips, but maybe smarter idea?):
- Black Crows Navis Freebird
- Black Diamond Helio 95/105
- Völkl VTA 98/108
And then there is the binding question.
Im quite intrigued by the Shift, although it is heavier than say the Tecton. Still worth it?
Boots I will get whatever fits me well.
Any input is appreciated.
**This thread was edited on Sep 21st 2018 at 2:28:12am
**This thread was edited on Sep 21st 2018 at 2:29:24am