Alright so my friend and I are looking into finally driving to Mt. Hood next summer for like 3 weeks starting in the middle of June. We will both be 18 by then and it will be the summer after we graduate high school. It's all still pretty speculative, but I did have a couple of questions about the trip.
1. Ik it's still pretty early in the season but how is the snow looking at Hood? Around what time does the park normally fall apart/ would it still be good at the end of June?
2. Besides living in the car, what are some places near hood that you can stay at for pretty cheap? Campsites?
3. My friend and I both work Park Crew at Trollhaugen in Wisconsin. Is there any chance we could help out the park in exchange for cheaper riding/some money or is that not a thing?
4. What would be the cheapest way to ride Hood in the summer? Ik they have the May Pass but is there anything like that for June or would we have to buy a season pass?
5. Although I mostly want to ski, what are some other great places or activities nearby that you guys would recommend? We would have a car so I do want to go to the coast for a couple days and do some hiking and surfing there.
I can't be the first Newschooler to plan/do this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!