Chubz.Please STOP linking year old/multiple year old threads in the instagram stories. That drives me insane when im looking at a thread from the story then realize i read/was a part of the same conversation 2 or 3 years ago. Its not relevent anymore, thats why those threads died.
Be more like squidskiing, i wanna see rad shit from no names and rad shit from the big boys, not bail posts that didnt make it on JOTD.
Idk recently ive been really turned off of the NS insta. It was a lot better in like 2014/15. But those are my only gripes with it at the moment.
Making a list to each point you made
1. That's fair, for someone like yourself or anyone that is posting in this thread it's old content. For over 90% of the people that follow us on social though, they've never seen that thread & probably find it funny/interesting/ect so I post it for them as well.
2. Cory does a dope job over at squidskiing but I'm not going to copy him. He does his thing, if you like it, keep following him. I try to post dope shit from the no names when I see it but you should realize, while yes, it is my job to look for content to post, I have other responsibilities that take up the vast majority of my time for NS so I end up missing a lot. If you see something dope in the search page or wherever, send it as a message to me on the NS IG.
3. Valid but in 2015, I didn't have to play stupid fucking games because Instagram decided to change up everything with the app in the past 2 years.
I'm a big fan of the squid skiing page. I made a post in the censorship thread about ns social media. Basically just don't sell out and become like gopro and repost a bunch of big vloggers paddle boarding or just doing average people things. Keep it core and help the smaller guys make it bigger in the scene.
I might be wrong but a good example would be Grigory Fuzeev. He was a pro but he definitely didn't have a huge presence. I didn't know about him until the NS insta reposted some of his crazy rotations and grabs. Now I feel like I see him all over the place.
1. Trust me, I'm not going to post some mom & their kid skiing a groomer on the feed.
2. Yea, Grigory is tight for sure! I found him through videos on NS a few years back when he did his grab compilation. Shit blew my mind. I'm always on the hunt for dope unknown skiers but as I said above, I miss a lot of it since I can't spend 24/7 on IG searching for the hottest unknown rider.
RousedWitsOne thing Ive found is that many causal skiiers dont realise that newschoolers is its own website/business/app... I told my roommate I am on newschoolers a lot, and he was all like "dude I fuckin love newschoolers"...but he was under the impression that newschoolers was just an Instagram page.
Dude, you don't even know the half of it. I talk to so many kids at movie premieres & they think the same thing. That's why I post links to stories in hopes they see it & start using the actual site.
.squirrely.The content is always pretty good, some stuff is outdated and/ or irrelevant but for the most part the videos photos links etc are sick, but the way it is posted is just really weird and honestly embarrassing for the page and skiers as a whole who are represented by "the homepage of skiing" or whatever the bio is. Like someone said already, maybe cool it a bit with the emojis and just general weird choice of language, for example the recent nosebutter video of LSM maybe its just me but theres a lot of captions I would have chosen before "mmmmm artery clogging goodness" with that emoji. Look at Snowboardermag or Thrasher or even Powder, they post and basically let the content do the talking, instead of distracting the viewer with some excessive caption. The insta stories are a lot of the same thing, maybe its the fact that theyre posted on android and it just doesnt look as clean to those of us on iphone but a lot of the time something is off, like the one up right now that links to "what do you use skiing as an outlet for" the photo is super blurry and the photog/ skier tags are half cut off on the right edge of the post.
Thrasher is definitely the king of that shit. The advantage they have over anyone else is that they get raw clips from the edits that go on their site. We don't & getting that shit from people is a pain in the ass usually.
As for stories, yea, I have an android and thought it might be slightly worse but could you screenshot it and post here? I've looked on my friend's phones before & it didn't look horrible in the past.