Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
isaac_lndbrgI'm a High School kid I have a pass at Meadows and want to start skiing more park. Rails, Jumps and Tricks, Etc. Just looking for advice on where to start/ technique anything really
Mr.BishopReally important thing is to pay attention to park ettiquette. You'll have a lot better time if you don't do something silly (that you didn't realize) and there isn't some park rat kid screaming at you.
1. Do not EVER stand in the landing - of anything. Jumps are obvious, rails much less so. Always be looking at what you're stopping under so you're not blocking anyone. Safest thing to do is always stop beside stuff. Beside is your friend. You're almost never in the way if you're healthily beside something.
2. If you fall and you're not hurt, get the fuck out of the way as fast as possible... especially on jumps. Don't run straight up the landing to get your ski, run to the side and then run up the side until you know it's clear.
3. Don't hit the jumps of rails as a jump. It fucks up the lip, and its a mega gaper move which will make people angry.
4. If there's a lineup to something and you can't get a turn, just call "Drop" and go.
5. Don't "snake". If you're coming on the inrun of something and there was a dude lining it up already, you back out and let them hit the feature. Concurrently, if you're riding and you get inspired to hit a rail and turn into the inrun, give a super quick uphill look to make sure someone isn't already dropping.
Anyone know if I missed anything?