For about four years now I have been using my Canon Rebel T3i. I'm confident in my abilities of taking quality photos and doing a good job of filming, and I want to move onto the next level of cameras.
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
Around $1500, a little bit of wiggle room there
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
Pretty experienced, shot with full-frames, I know how to shoot on manual pretty well.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
Tripods, steady cam, remote, too many lenses to list
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
A lot of sports photos such as skiing, running and biking. Lots of astrophotography and long exposure stuff, as well as portrait and landscape too. Also a decent amount of filming, lots of skiing, biking and nature shots.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
Most of the homies can run a camera pretty well already
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Mainly from a tripod
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
MacBook Pro 2.5ghz processor, 128gb internal hard drive as well as a 1tb external drive.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
Final Cut Pro, I'd say that I'm probably a 7.
I don't know if a full frame is the best option or not, but I'm kinda leaning towards the idea. I'd like to go Canon or Sony. Let me know NS