Apparently money can buy a place on a list. How in the hell does stratton beat out half of those or better yet... even show up on the list?
Seven Springs Mountain Resort Named Best Terrain Park!
Big White, Northstar California, Copper Mountain and Stratton Mountain Resorts also winners
Gap jumps, super pipes, step downs, rails and jibs -- terrain parks are where skiers and snowboarders go to catch some air or practice new moves. USA TODAY 10Best editors teamed up with members of the U.S. Snowboarding Team to nominate North America's 20 best terrain parks, and then we turned things over to you! After four weeks of voting, the results are in!
The top 10 winners in the category Best Terrain Park are as follows:
1. Seven Springs Mountain Resort - Seven Springs, Penn.
2. Big White Ski Resort - Kelowna, B.C.
3. Northstar California Resort - Truckee, Calif.
4. Copper Mountain - Copper Mountain, Colo.
5. Stratton Mountain Resort - Stratton, Vt.
6. Mount Snow - West Dover, Vt.
7. Keystone Resort - Keystone, Colo.
8. Whistler Blackcomb - Whistler, B.C.
9. Loon Mountain Resort - Lincoln, N.H.
10. Breckenridge Ski Resort - Breckenridge, Colo.
A panel of experts picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Greg Bretz and Elena Hight were chosen based on their extensive pro-snowboarding experience.
Additional nominees for Best Terrain Park included Bear Mountain, Boreal Mountain Resort, Buttermilk, June Mountain, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Park City Mountain Resort, Sierra-at-Tahoe, Snowmass, Vail and Winter Park Resort.
Congratulations to all of our winning terrain parks!