special-JFor example: In the last two days you shared at least 8 of your own posts of some not-that-incredible shit from within the past month. With all the new content uploaded every day, don't you think something new might be worth posting?
With all the shitty bullshit clogging up Facebook no one needs to see some kid doing a front 2 out again. Not to mention the random slopestyle run reposts…
Sorry. drank too much coffee and am pissed off at nothing. but seriously, please cool it
Sorry you're not digging it man. There are multiple reasons as to why I repost "some not-that-incredible shit" and I'll go a bit into our social strat as of recent.
1. 99% of people enjoy seeing shit like that again (or maybe they didn't see it the first time) whether it's a funny crash, cool trick, ect. You sir are the 1% that hate it.
2. With FB's ever changing News Feed algorithm, many of our fans miss posts from the page so re-sharing direct to FB videos is a good way to hopefully hit that segment of people. Obviously there is bound to be overlap (as in your case).
3. Reach is a big way to grow the page in terms of likes/link clickthroughs which in turn will lead to better success for the page when we do post links. Currently, FB has a hard-on for direct to FB content (which has much greater potential to reach more people) and seemingly throttles down the reach for links/anything that takes you to an external site because they never want you to leave FB, ever.
4. As far as old slopestyle runs or other older NS links being posted, I'll let a quote from Mr. Bishop do the explaining on the new software we are using...
"We actually have been trying a dramatically increased posting volume. Dramatic. We've been harvesting the old archives and throwing stuff up to see what sticks. Facebook has been claiming that it won't bombard our users with too much stuff, and that their algorithms are really good at figuring this out.That being said, we've found there's a line. We can definitely post way too much and then as you said, it can get frustrating especially if its mediocre. However, only posting 3-5 times per day is a terrible idea because we're leaving out tonnes of people that would have liked to see our stuff who don't come on the site all day....
So far its looking like posting more is an excellent idea. Traffic is through the roof, and people coming in are very engaged with most of the content. When they don't like it, they just scroll by and it dies off pretty quick. When they do, it really shares out."
5. Sometimes I'm too damn lazy (or busy) to search through latest videos on NS to see what's worth posting to FB instead of sharing a previously posted direct to FB video.
6. Harsh truth is not everything that does well on NS deserves to be posted to FB. Most people (on FB) don't give a shit about your season edit or your squad mobbing at your local park.
I could go on for days but I'll just stop here. Hope this clears up posting habits for the FB page a little bit.
THEDIRTYBUBBLENS is the only thing keeping me from deleting my facebook
Glad I'm able to keep you somewhat sane on FB, trust me, I wouldn't have a FB if I didn't need one to run the page.
**This post was edited on Dec 27th 2015 at 9:11:37pm
When things are taken out of context---
"Mods circle jerk to their powers. I will be 100% serious with you right now" - 1337
I LIKE MY SPLIFFS SAME AS MY BURLINGTON HOUSE PARTIES: PACKED TIGHT, WITH A FUCKED UP RATIO, AND LIT. - Tall T Dan
"i hate skiing but i like stept" - Brogan
Newschoolers is like cocaine, everyone uses it but no one wants to admit to it - Mr.Bishop