if you need any more help let me know
Should have read this thread first...oops
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
up to $1000
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
Never owned my own but I've used a bunch of my friends. Filmed a bunch recently with my friends Nikon on a glidecam
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
Mostly if not all skiing.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
One that I could hand to my friends and give them few instructions.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Mostly followcams but also some where it's just on a tripod and
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
Macbook Pro, been editing on it for a while with FCP. Super comfortable with it, not worried about this aspect of it at all.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)