We wanted to reach out to everyone to give the NS world a little insight into the situation for the summer, our on-hill offering, and what we bring to the table on our private campus.
First, let's talk snowpack...
While we are not denying that snow fall has been below average this year in the Northwest, but due to the natural conditions up on Mount Hood, and the continued snow farming efforts of the A+ team at Timberline, we are not only confident, but EXCITED to ski all summer long. A snow field is a persistent body of snow and ice found in mountainous terrain. The Windells park sits atop The Palmer Glacier and Palmer Snowfield, giving us a dense base that can be 30+ feet deep in places! The Palmer glacier sits just above 6,000 feet and extends higher even than the Windells park to about 9,300 feet.
Timberline's Head Freestyle Groomer (Caleb Hamilton, follow @destoylab on Instagram!) doubles as our Head Park Builder throughout the Summer. He and his crew have been instrumental in snow farming throughout the winter so that we will be able to slash those winter waves all summer long. Recently he gave us some insight about how snow farming can turn a few inches of snow across Mount Hood into over FOUR feet in the Windells lane on Timberline. (We wrote about it here - http://windells.com/2015/news/farming-palmer-snow-field/
Windells On-Hill Offering
(Check the NS Session from last year! https://vimeo.com/99437970
- 22 Foot Super Pipe - The only Olympic sized halfpipe in North America throughout the months of June, July, and August. (This is built yearly with no dirt work, that's a lot of snow!)
- The most lift accessible terrain of any other camp in North America
- The longest lap park on Mount Hood
- 2 Rope Rows
- A Jump Line with jumps varying in size from 15 - 55+ Feet
- A jib park with a variety of features geared at skiers of all abilities.
- 2 private airbags on hill
- On-hill activities and contests daily for all ages and abilities
Windells On-Campus Features
- Demo Center featuring the newest 15/16 Gear from all of our sponsors! (ON3P, Surface, Faction, Lib Tech NAS)
- Windells Camp has plenty of lodging and a full kitchen
- Meals are included!
- A buffet-style breakfast is prepared every morning to start your day off right
- Campers pack a hearty lunch every morning before heading to the resort
- The culinary staff also prepares dinner for campers each night (catering to vegetarians, vegans, and campers with restricted diets.
- Cabins are fully furnished and feature TVs and surround sound.
- Windells has over 89,500 sq. feet of skate friendly terrain.
- The Concrete Jungle is our private concrete skate park on Campus, it is world renown and found in skate publications throughout the world.
- B.O.B. The Building out Back - Our indoor skate park fully equipped with a sound system, foam pit, and trampolines.
- Dry slope featuring jib features.
- Dry slope airbag!
- Fire pits for roasting marshmallows and constructing s'mores
- Slack lines, ping pong tables, and so much more...
Dates, Prices, and Team Takeover Information
Here is the full low-down on our schedule and costing for Camp this summer!
- 6 Sessions
- 8 Days/Session
- $1999 USD Overnight Camp
- $1699 USD Day Camp
- 6/16/15 - 6/23/15 - Lib Tech NAS Takeover Session
- 6/26/15 - 7/3/15 - Newschoolers Takeover Session
- 7/7/15 - 7/14/15 - Saga Outerwear Takeover Session
- 7/17/15 - 7/24/15 - Faction Skis Takeover Session
- 7/27/15 - 8/3/15 - Freeskier Magazine Takeover Session
- 8/6/15 - 8/13/15 -ON3P Skis Takeover Session
If there are any questions or concerns at all, please feel free to reach out to us.
Our website can be found at http://www.windells.com
Our phone # here at the office is (503) 622-3736
**This post was edited on Mar 18th 2015 at 1:39:15pm