rsimpson34I really want to keep progressing over the summer and keep skiing and I've heard about windells summer camp at mt.hood but i have a few questions.
1. How would the camp be for someone whos not great in the terrain park?
2. How is the lodging for sleeping?
3. Are there any other camps i should look at?
if theres any others ill add them.
1. It would be fine, if anything it is for you. It will help you to progress and get better.
2. Lodging is fine if you dont sleep on king size tempurpedic with 30 pillows, the bunk beds arent that bad. I would recommend bringing a good pillow tho.
3. Momentum and Camp of Champions are probably good other options, you might learn more there.
However, I went to Windells Session 2 last year, which was the Newschoolers session. I dont think at the other camps you will have as much fun as you would at windells. The vibe there is really good, there are contests and games all the time, pros everywhere, and overall a really good time. I didnt learn too much, maybe just my coach, but i would recommend going to Windells.
Tips if you are going to Windells: Bring a Boot Dryer (my boots got really wet), have a good pair of gloves that wont get wet very easily, Bring a Good Pillow, Do as many contests and games as you can you wont regret, focus not only on progressing but also having fun, leave extra room in your suitcase for the way home (got a lot of t-shirts and hoodies for free from contests), put money in your camper account, the grilled cheeses are really good there and its very useful, and finally just have a good time.
Damn long post