First off-This is a claim thread. I dont care who you are now, but at some point you were a fan of this skiing and this kinda shit got you excited. Congrats if you are "cool" now and act like its not a big deal, it isn't but until you've been around a while you don't learn that. So allow me to claim the illest shit that happened to me at IF3.
I wanna hear your stories too cause I'm getting hyped for next week. I know I must not be the only one with fan boy claims from montreal. I went to iF3 all 4 years of college- 09, 10, 11, 12. Lemme detail the highlights from those years
- Partied in Stept’s hotel first night
- Slept in car cause I fucked up booking my room
- Made finals in a beatbox contest for new skis
- Got an extra VIP prize pack by tricking this trick
- Watched every movie
- Watched guidos fight from across the street while passing doob with radio ron
- Brother got robbed trying to buy weed
- Tricked way into Thursday night VIP red bull
- Walk in with t wall and t hall
- Almost won new skis again, fuck Mike Douglas
- Brother bought weed successfully from two guys named Shifty and Psycon
- Even Sigstad invited me to the Field Productions room to watch their new movie
- Only person allowed in with backpack in the club at Tanner’s party besides Tanner
- Run into a drunk (then intern) Malcolm who cant find NS office
- Bring him to the office, where everyone was waiting for an after party on the last night, and Malcolm had the key to let people in.
- Played Kendama with Wallisch and Rolland
- Win tickets for free on NS
- Beat box for All-Star to freestyle to
- All the party venues can be seen from my hotel room’s window
- Slept through the entire Poor Boyz movie
- Rocker party - Pete high fives Cali P during show
- Knock Clayton Vila on his ass in a mosh pit and take his sunglasses
- Try to pick up some mtl chicks and fail
- Ordered my tickets but never got charged
- Met LVV and talked to him, he remembered my name the next day
- Met all the guys that would later form the Tabarnak Pack
- Outside club first night this guy turns to me, sticks his hand out and says “Doug”
I look at him and say No, then grab my brother and say, “This is Doug, I’m Dan”
Turns out it was Doug Bishop aka Mr. Bishop but he got a haircut so I didn’t recognize. We all laugh a bunch and he invites us to a bar for drinks. Three pitchers and two rounds of shots on NS and then we’re invited back to the office where weed that was purchased with Iberg in mind is smoked before Eric ever even knows it existed. We talk until 7 in the morning about skiing and media and the future and fan out about so many things.
- Doug (brother) won a pair of K2's for doing some shit on stage.
I'll gladly expand on any claim. My stories from times at iF3 are my favorite stories to tell anyone in my life. Being a fan is fucking cool. Sorry if you don't get excited about dope shit.
**This thread was edited on Sep 11th 2014 at 3:38:21pm