Gypsy_SkierSo i have a long summer ahead of me, i figured i'd give the sport a try. The jib aspect of it looks sick, and my city has one of the sickest skateparks around (geneva). So here are a couple questions:
1. How close is it really to skiing, jib or jump wise?
2. What brands should i be looking at? i'm hoping to just have to buy one pair, so a good one.
3. Anyone here skate and can give me some inside info as to how hard/easy it is to pick up?
4. Will i seem gay next to skateboarders like those razor scooter kids do?
+k for help guys, thanks!
1. Rails are actually pretty close, and it will help your rails for skiing alot, plus its fun and there is a lot of variety in the types of grinds to do
2. Razor cult streets are good for their price, and are a pretty good introductory pair that won't cost you 300e
3. If you're half decent at ice skating it will be quite easy, but you will lean back waaay too much when you start because of skiing. Seriously, do not lean back it sucks.
4. Yes, many people view bladers as being below scootering people. I disagree, but many people hold that view sadly. The sport needs a bit of a kick atm if you ask me, get some new life to it because its actually sick. Take a look at some of the edits that have been posted up here recently, some have been sick.
Hope this helps, I don't know that much so ppl feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.