Well here's my checklist of things I'd really like to see in a ski
- Fully Symmetrical (This includes the flex of the ski)
- Has a waist between 92mm-96mm
- Try and design a 5 dimension ski (I might be wrong but I feel having 5 dimensions in the other skis I see on the market are accountable for it's low swing weight but good stability).
- A turning radius of around 15 would be awesome to make it feel nice and agile.
- Uses your poplar/ bamboo core. I find those woods to be the most lightweight and poppy.
- Has Carbon Kevlar Strings run in a zig-zag pattern throughout the ski for maximum pop.
- 2.5mm steel edges.
- I want no camber underfoot and just rockered tail and tip (always helps not to catch on switch-ups on rails)
- Have a nice race base on it so you can just rip at high speeds.
- Have the flex in the tip and the tails be soft to medium but more on the soft side.
Well this is all I got. Not to be biased about anything but this was the ski I was planning on trying to build but after a few financial hits (I'm 17 and don't quite have the money for everything I need and no connections to get it to build this and don't have the technology to) I couldn't. If you make this ski I can guarantee you two things. This ski will rip. I will buy it. On another note I really hope my feedback helps in the design process at least a little. Just knowing some of my thought went into the making of the ski would awesome.