1) my budget is about
2) no experience with dslrs but lots with camcorders gopros, compacts etc. Want to step it up to a dslr
3) Gopro Hero 2, Nikom aw100, pvc handles, monopod. Super cheap but light tripod
4) mainly used to shoot skiing buutt I would like to be able to shoot other action sports like mtb or skating in the summer.
5) I want something that I can setup for them (aperture white balance etc) then just hand to them and they just hit record
6) I do all of kinds of shooting. My favorite effect is when a skier takes a whole lap filled with bangers and the editor just speeds up the time in between hits so prob a lot of follow cams
7) editing on adobe premiere and after effects. Out of all the aspects of filming im prob best at editing. Im prob a 9 at it.
Thanks guys. My budget also includes like accessories so im not opposed to getting stuff used. Id love to get 1 pretty decent piece of glass and just use it for most things. Also need some form of steadicam and maybe a cheapo mic