10) is not true. just because more stuff is legal in gridiron football, doesnt mean there are less dirty players. also, there is no such concept as a bruiser in soccer and those few guys with a bad rep more often than not just get sent off. there are also league fines after video evidence.
9) idk why this is an argument for american football. more diversity, different styles of play and more teams for locals to identify with instead of a franchise whos here next year and somewhere else next year. its easier to follow the sport of pro american football, yes, but overall its a tie.
8) kind of agree, especially from a children sport perspective. fat kids dont get the feeling that they are worthless. cant have them for a football game but in american football a fat kid might be the first one chosen in a pickup game (but there are no real pickup games)
7) so basketball and hockey are horseshit as well? that just mean that usually its harder for a team to keep up the good level of play for 30+ games. both ways have advantages. like with more games, usually the best team wins, but there are less cinderella stories. pick your poison.
6) probably not true. never heard of that and most definitely just a america-fuck yeah joke. also, arent nazis complete fuckheads? why would it be positive if they fear something?
5) football is equally strategic, but not as easy to see. and players have to adapt to 10 times more variations because everything is in free flow and there will never be the exact same situation. so its more instincts, but with a good amount of strategy underlying it. american football is more structured and you will see the same thing a couple of times a game as a player. both approaches to a sport have their pros and cons.
4) uganda be kidding me. idk why americans like commercials so much, but there are like 20 of them during a game. i am sitting here at 4 am in europe and wanna go to sleep and there is a commercial after the PAT and another one after the kick return. then maybe, two plays after that, a quarter is over, boom, next commercial, after that, a player gets injured, BOOOOOOOOM. cannot be serious.
3) the games are completely different. fact is, football would be almost unplayable with full contact. you need certain rules for this whole touching the ball with your feet thing to work. obviously, hits are fun and its really a nice aspect of american football. but am football players overdo it a little bit. obviously there are hits that are beyond good and bad and hurt a shitload, but a regular game, comon guys, its not so tough as you act.
2) go tell that to the kid who was stabbed after a raiders game. obviously football fans are more ecstatic and in general, there is just a completely different fan culture. NFL fans are relatively calm and one element that is missing completely are songs. in european stadiums, fans will chant up to 90 minutes and it makes a nice atmosphere. and in most european stadiums, hooligans are no big issue. again, both sides have pros and cons.
1) that is true. and hopefully the UEFA will follow the financial fair play act up with some kind of either individual salary cap or club salary caps. seems impossible right now and maybe the good players would then just go to the US, china or middle east, to receive those 15+ M salaries.
with that being said, i played football all my life (as a german/austrian, nbd) and have become a big NFL fan over the last 4 years and play american football since 3 years myself (JV team of one of the best teams in europe, so trainings are kinda DII/DIII). both sports are hilariously entertaining imo and i really cant understand why people always have to say this one is cooler than the other and have to go personally after people who say this was or that way.
i know its completely senseless to write this but i hate how everyone is always so "sport X" is better than "sport Y" when there is no real basis for it on a general level. yes you can dissect certain areas and say that football requires more instincts whereas american football is tougher, but in general, both are fun sports to do and watch and it would be ten times more fun if all the semi-fans that act like tough guys would shut the fuck up.
in all seriousness, i read that 3 times, 1st time i thought what the fuck is he on about, read it again and thought, this fuckbag has to be kidding, read it once more and decided calling you a fuckbag wasnt good enough - sick-as-aids