So i just got some money, finally... so i'm looking into what camera to get, i would really like it to take good stills and video, though stills will be the focus. I am also looking into lenses. i will be shooting wildlife, landscapes, skiing, portraits, well everything so i'm looking for a good allround camera that wil serve me well when skiing :)
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
I am looking for something in the 600 - 800$ pricerange but i will be able to invest a little more
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have some experience, but i will need something entry levelish to fool around and get comfortable with since i have never owned my own "nice" camera
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
I have a sketchy and old tripod
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
Well i'm going to do mainly stills, but i want to be able to set up a tripod an film friends, also hit record hike up and ski down etc. but i guess 70% still - 30% video. It is also for everyday use, vacations camping trips etc.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
Yes, but it is okay if i have to take some time to explain what they have to do, but i will be the
using it myself 90% of the time.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
I wil mainly me doing tripod shots and hikes
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
I have a 13" MacBook Pro from 2011 - 2.3 Ghz ICi5 processor and 4 Gb Ram
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
I'm currently using Imovie, but i'm looking for a new program
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
yes, but as i said earlier i'm the main user so it's not that important for me! :)