So to make it easier for you guys to help me here is a list of things that I think is relevant:
- I will use it with an iMac 21.5 (mid 2010) so I am looking at a drive that supports fierwire 800 (this is the fastest my computer will support, right?).
- I will use it to edit off, if possible I will set my render files and everything to be saved at the hard drive.
- I edit with premiere cs6 and fcp 7 if that matters.
- It is not a big deal if it can be powered straight from the computer or not, but if I can get one thats just as fast I will prefer not having to connect it to a outlet.
- I am looking at a 2tb or maybe 3tb drive.
- I haven't really set a budget but would like to keep it under 250$ if possible.
And one more thing should I only look at hard drives in stores near me in case something happens or is it pretty safe to order hard drives from legit stores like b&h?
I have done some research and I have found a couple drives that I am interested in. Heres a link to my b&h wish list with the drives I have looked into.
And of course k+ will be given for any help.