NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES NO TRADES
Okay, so I just upgraded computers so it's time to let this baby go. Specs are as follows:
-2GHz Core Duo
-1 GB DDR2 ram (easily upgradable)
-80 GB HD (also easy upgrade, or use portables like I did)
-667 MHz bus speed
-2 USB 2.0 slots, Firewire, Ethernet, HDMI output, headphone/mic jack, the works.
-Will include Microsoft Office for Mac and CS4 Suite
-Bitchin' sticker job.
Now I know what you're thinking, "Spence you must be crazy, this deal sounds too damn good to be true!" Here is the reason it's so cheap:
1. There is a slight problem with the fan on the right side. When it begins to overheat (say for instance you have iTunes, Photoshop and Chrome open all at the same time) the fan will begin to wobble and make noise. Honestly it's never really bothered me too much, but it is noticeable especially when you have a few programs running.
2. The latch that keeps the screen closed is broken. I called the Apple store and they said it would cost about $100 to get both the fan and the latch fixed, and it's never bothered me enough to get it taken care of. haha
3. A couple dents/bends in the case a long with a crack in the corner. (The plastic, not the aluminum) This computer has been used, not gonna lie to you. It's been on many a ski trip and used to edit on the go. By no means has it been abused, but it has been put through some serious use.
4. The battery doesn't have the best life anymore. Depending on the brightness you have it set at, the volume you're using and the programs you're running it will last anywhere from 3.5-2.5 hours when unplugged.
5. The charger began to "pull out" of the main body, hence the duct tape. The tape could probably be removed, I just taped it to prevent a catastrophe.
Now for pictures:
Some wear where your palms rest:
Small crack in corner and bend in the case:
Another small bend where charger connects:
OG Box and taped charger:
On the real, this isn't the nicest MBP in the world. It would be perfect for someone who either wants a backup computer or something for web browsing/light editing. If you're willing to put in +/-$300, you could have a really solid MBP for a cheap price. Not only that but I would say the CS4 alone is nearly worth the asking price.
Thanks NS and SERIOUS INTEREST ONLY PLEASE.