5 Easy steps to spotting and avoid hipsters.
1. Spotting the Hipster --- Dressed with tight jeans(maybe cut as short), flat low rise shoes, ironic t shirt and or flannel shirt. A hat that should be burned, thick framed glasses with out lenses, and a scarf on a 80 degree day.
2. Hearing the Hipster -- Talk with overconfidence about any subject with a pompous tone in the voice, ask some one have you heard of (blank) followed by either I have seen them live, or act shocked you have not heard of some lame band they saw at a 10 dollar show filled with 25 other bands. Talks about taking instagram pictures of food with Iphone then posting the pictures on a social website.
3. Transportation -- Single speed bike prior 1992, moped, longboard and or a weird skateboard. A fancy import mom and dad bought them for finishing high school and they have kept for 10 years but keep hidden from other hipsters because owning a car is to norm.
4. Jobs -- None record stores are closing.
5. Places they Eat -- organic or "off the grid restaurants" mostly likely these restaurants will double for a bar as well that sells a lot of PBR.
If you follow these steps you can and will avoid all contact with all hipsters.