Listen... I'm not going to pretend like Momentum isn't advertising on this site or anything like that. You guys are way smarter than that and I owe you at least that much.
However - I'm going to legitimately claim that this part of Momentum has the future to breed the next wave of ski media. I'll back it up with fact, hear me out:
1) The people that entered this: http://images.media.nscdn.com/readnews/5279.0/Newschoolers'-Next-Top-Filmer-Winner!?c=all
I mean damn... There is some talent there, especially from the Moment Productions guy, Nick.
2) Newschoolers is moving to a completely democratic media system, which pays real money to good people.
3) The internet is very popular.
4) You are going to get coached by some of the best in the biz, Blake J, Darren from Voleurz, the PBP crew, Schmuck from Newschoolers...
5) I just booked a ticket out there, because god dammit, I need to educate the people who are in this course on the opportunities that the internet can give you. I'll talk NS for sure, but layer in a heavy dose of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter... whatever. Internets FTW.
SO yeah... sure I'm ranting, and sure this is expensive and all that... blah, blah, blah. I paid for summercamp out of my own pocket for 3 years straight. Best years of my life.
So if you're a sidelines media guy - (I'm looking at you media & arts) - Fuck it - this camp is actually for you.
We the media are the future of this sport.
(you athletes are super rad too)