2) I do not have great experience with cameras. i have used my moms nikon D40 from a couple years ago a lot so i have good experience with still pictures and shooting sporting events, trampolining, etc.
2) I currently have no gear besides some of my moms extra lenses for her nikon D40
4) I Would mostly use it for skiing but i would use it for the trampoline and taking pictures of friends to but mostly skiing.
5) I would want one that i could just hand to my friends to use that don't have much experience.
6) I will most likely use a tripod if we are just hiking a rail, doing urban, backyard seshes, etc. but most likely follow cam if we were on the mountain
7) I have a macbook pro from 2 years ago.
8) I currently just use iMovie and iPhoto but will consider buying a better editing software. i am probably a 3 when it comes to experience with it
I would like a camera that takes good stills and even better video. i would like one that can go up to 10 frames per second but that is not a priority. So NS, what camera would be good for me. +K if you know your stuff