it sucks, cuz when they actually do it, they dont really give too many signs. its usually because of withdrawal, which is one thing about america that really pisses me off. I almost wish that if it had to happen it would have been because of getting caught in a slide or something... cus in germany switzerland and austria they have either clinics that you can get accepted to that give bidaily doses of hospital grade diacetyl morphine (pure heroin, 0 harm to your body other than being dependent) so that the addicts dont have to worry about copping, jail, withdrawal etc... for as long as they need it. In austria 70 percent of opiate addicts use substitol (slow release morphine) that they take every morning at the pharmacy and lasts 24 hours. the remaining 30 percent in austria is split between suboxone and methadone. Addiction is just part of life in europe, but in america its almost taboo and viewed as like public enemy number 1 and a huge problem. in europe the attitude is literally "problem? what problem? you need opiates? we give you opiates in a safe controlled fashion,,,we dont judge you. and european addicts dont have to spend a penny to get this this treatment....so they have healthy lives, a job, a home, a family, etc,,,, but for some reason in america this practice is considered taboo and evil, as if addicts are the witches that must be hanged, which pisses me off cause in america you have much more suicides related to withdrawal
below ive linked to the mundipharma website which is actually a british pharmaceutical company, you can only find the drug info on substitol on google.at (google austria) and copy and paste it into google translate from german to english to see how they do actually care more about addicts in other parts of the world than they do in america. http://www.mundipharma.at/text.asp?TID=172&SID=224&UID=355
click on either the 120 mg capsule or the 200 mg capsule they are just different dose sizes and most addicts are given between 480 and 600 mg/day, which isnt that much because the substitol has a fairly low bioavailability (amount absorbed into your body by the gi tract).
what does actually piss me off is that my friend would still be alive if america had adopted central europes approach to addiction treatment, and the fact that the us has stood fast by its puritan values for so long is simply unforgivable in my opinion. especially when they think that opiate addiction is a new menace, when humans have been using opiates for 5000 years.
ps. alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine are all addictive...so where is the panic about those addictions?
there is no panic, because there should be.
the problem with opiate and other drug addictions is that they are necessarily expensive in america, and the stress involved with not having a dependable supply drives people into a much deeper addiction.
as an anecdote, i had an an unlimited supply of coke at a certain point in my life, and knowing it was always going to be available, i eventually got bored of it and slowly weaned myself off of it.
its not the certain drugs that are the problem....its the lack of drugs. nothing will ever turn you into a full blown 0 self control addict more than going through withdrawal