Posted this in m&a too. Looking for a camera setup
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I used to have a video camera when I was younger. The PVS Panasonic (i think). I also used to take pictures with DSLR's so I understand Aperature, Shutter Speed, and ISO ( i also understand how each affects one another)
3) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
Old tripod.. sold everything else years ago
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
Might try other stuff as well
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
Um, it will be me filming. Can be a video camera or a DSLR
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Little bit of everything
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
IMAC- it can handle HD video
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
Final cut pro