So recently i have been doing some of my own research on articles concerning concussions and mental health. There is signifigant data that says even a small concussion can lead to issues in both the short and long term. So lets do a small questioneer because i know a majority of the skiing community has been rocked. Strory's are also fun too.
I can recall 2 major concussions and probably a bunch of minor ones. The first serious one occured at Mt .Ashland in oregon where i overshot a jump by a hell of allot and woke up the next day in the ICU. The second one was at Alpine meadows where i under shot a backflip and i guess slammed my face on the landing. I guess i got up , put my skis on and skiid down to the deck. I came back to conciousness while sitting on the deck but i had skiid down under my own power. weird huh.
1. How many concussions have you had , how long ago and how severe.
2. What would you rate your mental health at 1-10. 1 assuming that you feel normal with no change to 10 , you feel it has had an effecto your life.
3. do you get headaches or related uncomfort ?
4. How is your memory, do you loose things all the time.Can you never find your keys or wallet? how has this preogressed in the time after you hit your head?
1. 2 major 2004 and 2005, no idea when i got the minors but probably every other year.
2. I would rate myself at a 6 and im variable but improving everyday.
3. no headaches, my ears ring everyonce in a while for no reason at all. Spider sense.
4. memory is improving bigtime, i have been working on it but for a few years i lost my keys everyday, debit cards constantly and i wne through phones like no other.