MHSSC was definitely thee highlight of my summer. After going there for only 1 week, i became friends with almost all if not most freestyle campers, which would be impossible at any other camp like Windells.
i used to post shit that wasn't true between comparisons of MHSSC and windells, but after hearing some stories from kids at windells, i have a greater knowledge about both camps
1. MHSSC - such a chill environment, counsellors are really chill/cool. The mood is just soo layedback. You can go chill in your room, bounce on the tramp, skate the half pipe, go on the computers, play pool, go on your laptop (they have wifi in the main lodge) or go to the gas station right beside the camp and get some candy. The kids at MHSSC are not assholes, most people their are trying to improve their skills, so everyone works off each others vibes.
2. MHSSC - cheap!! in comparison to other ski camps, i believe for me it was around $1450 all in ( that's including airfare from Canadia) I admit there is no swag factor at MHSSC other than the fact you can demo next years K2's there. I talked to people at Windells and when you see kids with backpacks, hoodies, shirts most of that you have to pay for. But their sponsors sure hook you up, my buddy literally got 45 saga stickers, but they are just stickers.......so ya.
3. MHSSC - It is very close to Mt hood in comparison to Windells. Windells drive 45 minutes every morning, and MHSSC is only around 10-15 depending on what bus you get. This is also nice because you get there before the douchebag "i wear team size jiberish so i must be good" windells kids, and don't tell me they are all aren't like that, because i know that, but there are lots of them that look at you funny if you don't have something on that is trendy. And you get to go into Government Camp a lot after your day is done, eat some cobra dogs or get some volcano ice cream, great shit right there
4. MHSSC - Progression is the number one thing at MHSSC, the coaches are there for that, not to shred around, but to help you out. They basically sit by a feature everyone is hiking give you help and critiques after every hit. Just checked the MHSSC site and looks like they added Shea Fylnn and Sean Logan to the coaching staff, which is really tight!! on the tramp everyone is looking to improve their skills and it is really chill to sit back and just watch people throw down
5. MHSSC - food is fantastic, nothing else to say.
Once suggestion everyone should get is the day early feature, only cost about $125 more i think, and you get there 1 day before everyone and get to ski 1 more day, and it's really nice if it's your first time out at MHSSC or hood cuz you get used to the weather/grounds/the people.
i will be heading back out there hopefully this summer for 2 weeks, hopefully one week as Camper staff and the next as CIT idk though, but i will be bringing my DSLR setup out there and i hope to be filming lots in those 2 weeks so it should be a dope time. hopefully we can figure out a week for all the NS kids to go like last years Session 5. hope this helps, and young hawaii, tell me you are going back this summer?
"JJs provide all the stability of a pubescent bi-polar 14 year old going through meth withdrawals while his parents get divorced and going through a break up with his girlfriend because she is banging his 10 year old bro." - cobra_commander