After its triumphant reintroduction in 2009, the Rossignol FKS 180 Ski Binding returns to the tram line in ’10 to crush the fear of pre-release and dominate sphincter-clenching big-mountain lines with power and security. A widened footprint gives this 18-DIN monster the ability to transmit every twitch, tilt, and pressure change in your boot across the entire width of your favorite fatties so you can easily make big moves on burly lines. Besides avoiding stiff breezes and sensually bagged groceries, the FKS fights pre-mature ejection thanks to cleverly designed dampening in the toe and the unique turntable-style heel not found in any other binding.
- Dual Action Race toe piece provides a reinforced point of contact in a high-stress area
- Elastic travel controls binding movement to allow room for recovery before a fall
- Turntable heel precisely controls retention and automatically re-centers your boot in the binding
- Short mounting zone allows the ski to flex naturally through turns
- Lateral heel hold reduces torque that leads to potentially dangerous binding pre-release
- Extra wide AFD transfers power to wide skis