Date written: 2003-08-08
11 Most Asked Questions on NS
1. How do you post a picture in the forum?
First, your picture must be on the web somewhere. This can be done by uploading your picture into the picture section on Newschoolers, or by having it on your own website somewhere (most free services like Geocities won't work however). One you have it online, you must know the URL of your picture. If you don't know it, right click on the picture and click on Properties. The URL will be listed there.
Then you link it by doing this:
2. How do you post a link in the forum?
If you want it to open in a new window (recommended), then do it like this:
3. Why are some people's names pink?
They are female members who have requested to be made pink. If you would like your name to show up pink, send a message to Harvey and ask.
4. What do the dollar signs mean?
This means that the member has donated.
$ = Undefined
$ = $20-$40
$ = $40-$60
$$ = $60-80
= $80 or more
If you would like to become a donator (access to special forum and advance notice on new Newschoolers.com features), click here.
5. What do the orange stars mean?
This means that the member has filled out his/her profile. To complete your profile, click on 'Profile' in the MyNS menu.
6. I didn't get my Welcome e-mail. How do I log in?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and he will activate your account for you.
7. Why is there a limit to the size of picture I can upload?
Newschoolers.com receives about 700,000 hits a day. This means a lot of bandwidth (data transfer). In order to keep Newschoolers free, we have to limit the size of graphics that are uploaded. Bandwidth is a major factor in determining the cost of the server, so keeping this low is key.
8. Why do I get logged off sometimes?
Ensure that your cookies are fully enabled. You will also get logged off automatically if you are online for more than 4 hours.
9. How can I remove pictures from my profile?
Go to your profile (click on your name on the online window) and then click on Pictures under the Media tab. Look to the right for a little X. Click it, and your picture is gone.
10. How do I advertise on Newschoolers.com?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com for information on advertising.
11. When I upload a new icon, it says that it worked, but my old icon still shows up. What do I do?
Go to a thread that you have posted in and click refresh. Odds are your new icon was correctly uploaded, but your old one is still in your browser's cache.
i was going to go for a quad daffy but i was like, why huck? -mommy