Dates: March 04, 2009 - March 08, 2009
Time: All Day!
Location: Vertigo Park
The 100 Foot Challenge
The Terrain Parks' last event of the season!
Do you have what it takes to conquer the 100 Foot Challenge? Who will be the first to make it all the way across? The Terrain Park Crew will piece together rails and boxes from the Terrain Parks to create a 100-foot feature for Vertigo Park. Beginning Wednesday, March 4th, skiers and boarders are invited to bring their riding skills to what should be the most exciting Terrain Park event of the season. Winner receives an Arbor longboard (skateboard) and cash prize!
Now for the nitty gritty details:
- Registration, helmets and lift tickets or season passes are required for participation. No helmet, no win.
- Skiers and boarders must register at the Admin. Office front desk beginning on Wednesday, March 4th at 9am. You may register any time or day after that. If you do not register, you are not eligible to win.
- There is a $10 entry fee for each participant which entitles you to endless attempts on each day that the 100-foot feature remains in the park. All entry fee money will go towards the cash prize for the first person to make it all the way across. The winner will receive all money collected in entry fees up to that point.
- Bring a friend or two along because the only way to win is to show proof of your almighty conquering ways on video - cell phones, cameras and video cameras are acceptable devices to use for video proof.
- The first person to show a video of themself making it all the way across the feature to the Marketing Department (Anne Weimer or Jessica Fike) will be named the winner! If you happen to conquer the 100 Foot Challenge when the Marketing Department is not available, you must show the video to the Admin. Office front desk employee, allow them to take your picture, name and contact information, and return to the resort the next day to receive your winnings. Please note: a copy of the video must be given to the Liberty Mountain Marketing Department where it will become property of Liberty Mountain.
- You must ski or ride at least 10 feet off the feature after making it all the way across - no launching yourself into the snow and falling just to make it to the end.
- If by Saturday, March 7th at 12 Noon no one has conquered the 100 Foot Challenge, one rail or box will be subtracted to make an 80-foot feature and participants will continue with their attempts. If by Sunday, March 8th at 12 Noon there still has been no one to conquer the challenge, another rail or box will be subtracted leaving a 60-foot feature to be conquered.
- The feature will remain in the park as long as the weather and snow conditions allow it. If by the end of the feature's days in the park, no one has conquered the 100 Foot Challenge, all entry fee monies will go towards the Ryan Lichtenberg Memorial Fund and next year's Terrain Park events.
- Click here for event registration and release forms.