Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
The difficulty of bagging an urban rail
I created this thread so that people could share information about overcoming the difficulties we all face will attempting to get a good urban rail
Adress the issues of
1. Getting speed, snow, lip, and inrun
2. getting the sliding surface (metal, cement, plastic, wood) to work well.
3. Avoiding, talking to, or convinving the police, business owners, or security
1. build a drop in out of wood. use the snow there. if there isn't any go to your local ice rink and take the snow the zambonie dumps.
2. just deal with what you are sliding on. that is what makes urban shit interesting. maybe use some wax on concreate but that is personal pref.
3. go late as hell like 3 or 4 in the morning. if you do get rolled up on by the cops just be respectful and be nice and you have a better chance of them either not ticketing you or perhaps just looking the other way.
most of all have fun and kill it.
1. build a drop in, go to your nearest ice rink
2. take it to that 14 stair you tell your friends you are going to everyday.
3. don't bribe cops, just stick around after they leave and do it anyways. And unless your filming for Poor boyz don't bribe security guards, it's a waste of money. you'll find an equally good rail somewhere else.
If you want to do a rial that someone obviously owns or is on their property. Do you ask them to do it or just do it? I've tried both and they have both worked and not worked
We have never asked, but it might work if it is a business or personal home. just tell em yoiu will fix what you break.
when i buy a home its gunna be on a side of a hill so i can build my own urban shit in the back yard. cement stairs, rails, ledges the hole 9 yards.
dont get it twisted
all it takes is work my friends, all it takes is work. If you put enough thought, time and effort into it it will work.
Are you a pothead Focker?
Viva La Resistance!
All times are Eastern (-5)