first off- I don't think we agree on much- and I'll put that out there- but, I do respect you trying to answer in a civilized fashion- and I hope you can credit me with that as well
I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, I was trying to explain why your argument made absolutely no sense in the context of a capitalist society.
1) I told you it was fine if you didn't agree with capitalism
2) I agree that there should be no bailout for the big 3
3) I agree with survival of the fittest
4) I agree that car companies made wrong decisions because they failed to sell fuel efficient cars- to some extent - it had more to do with the fact that their cars are less reliable and their labor costs are higher- remember- the bulk of toyota's sales are not the prius
5) To assume that every consumer decision is made by advertisers is bullshit- before buying our Tahoe my parents made a very conscious decision and weighed the pros and cons heavily- we used to have a 28 mpg audi- We needed an all-wheel drive car for the snow with a lot of storage space and plenty of room in the 2nd and 3rd row seats- we got a great deal- it had nothing to do with advertising
you said "next you should work on communism though, because you just butchered the shit out of that one..."
you show me a communist economy that has produced revolutionary drugs that are helping save people in impoverished countries, that doesn't have a high level of poverty, that doesn't have corrupt leadership, that innovates, that cares for the environment, that people flock to because there is a better life there, and I promise you I'll take a serious look at it. Until then, I'm not wasting my time. And if such a country exists- why aren't you living there.
Also- please stop making remarks about how i am this "stupid little kid without any knowledge about how the world works that you take me to be" It's not true. Plus- I used be extremely liberal- I understand where you're coming from, I just disagree with you, that's all.