Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
I'm going to try to give some constructive criticism so you guys can improve the event next year. These are just some things I noticed, and I am in no way trying to talk shit about your event.
1. Crowd. Standing still behind a podium talking in a monotone voice will not get the crowd fired up to watch a ski movie. Even when you guys were throwing stuff, no one really even had to effort to get up to cheer. It's just the attitude that was portrayed from the start.
2. I'm sorry, but I smoked a shit ton of weed before going to that and by the time turbo came on, I wasn't even high anymore, I was on the verge of passing out. I'm not talking about the content of the other movies, just the length.
3. Related to number 2, try to cut down on the length of your movie next year. I really enjoyed it, but sometimes the exact same shot/angle of the baxter or repeated 360's got a little tedious. Try to put only your best shots in there too. You guys had some super super sick stuff, and then I found myself wondering how some sections even compared with what I had just seen.
4. 3 Alice in videoland songs right in a row? Think about it.
5. The first song in the first movie was so absolutely terrible I wasn't sure if I should be cracking up or trying to puncture my eardrums. War apparently is not my destiny.
6. I'm not sure why you mocked the crowd with the 2 pairs of skis sitting in front, but everyone was under the impression they were going to be raffled.
Again, not bashing on what you guys did at all. I had a good time. I'm just throwin out some suggestions of things my friends and I were noticing. Props on the movie and the event.
thanks for the critique. i am curious were you at the early or late show? sorry about not being energetic. i have never done anything like this before and it really is not in my personality to get a bunch of people excited. i feel i did much better during the second show with a few beers in me. i did have to stand at the podium because thats where the mic was at. understandable with the length. i am not going to make comments regarding the film, it was made for our friends, who are the athletes in the film, not just showing all the most bad ass stuff, always. i am sorry about your feeling of mockery with the skis. that wasnt the intention at all. a friend of ours who has been working on these skis for a long time now finally had a few pairs come out of his press successfully and he brought them in to show us. sorry about that. thanks for coming out.
Watched Rise and Fall, not bad at all.
My review and questions:
So is this movie a collective of footage? Very different styles and such throughout.
I thought AK wad was blown too quick, sweet footage !
Sick talent pool, a lot of ski racer looking action though. Very few steezey skiers, but def. some rippers.
BC Jump seggy looked more painful than fun, made my shins hurt.
I agree that selecting your best shots is crucial, the one big sky park seg that was not Daines or Collins... guy threw same trick three times!
Sage seggy was pretty damn impressive if not beautifully reckless, props to Sage!!!!!
Good film, enjoyed watching it.
I am not sure whos copy it is.
I would like to say that the film was well done and I enjoyed it, not sure if i mentioned that.