Alright I'm gonna do this bullet form, and please read it!
- I ski in the east coast of alaska
- 50 inches of snow on a usual year, but at least 1 time a year I take a trip out to alyeska to ski a real mountain with decent snow (850 inches of it).
- I ski 2 "hills" typically
- A 800ft vertical park, skied 90% of the time
- Whenever there's powder/fresh snow a 1100ft vertical hill that actually has decent terrain with little drops and some steeps and trees. Its fun, but shitty most of the winter.
- I am:
- 125lbs right now, growing, strong for my weight
- 5' 7.5, 15 years old
- I love powder more than anything, but then jumps, after that rails, and the best is jibbing the rare powder I get. Realistically I'm a park rat that would take fresh snow over a perfect park any second. I'm what you'd call a level 3 skier, and next season hopefully will progress ALOT.
- I like:
- This year I rode 06-07 172 Line Blends, and I loved them. I can't really complain about them except that they were heavy, but I really liked their stiff flex for everything except flatground jibs but whatever. I want a similar flex for my next ski. Now though, 172 is too short, but I'd like something similar because I like a wider, stiffer, and more stable ski. I need to be able to trust my ski and have it save my ass when needed. I'll be mounting these skis with undecided bindings 1-2 cm back from true center. I also like a light ski, but it isn’t a necessity just a desire.
- I am considering currently:
- This is where I need your guy's help. I'm undecided as to what ski I want. Next years Line Blends sound reaaaaly nice, but I don't know enough about them yet (flex????) and so do Moment Tahoe's, but again I'm not sure about their flex yet their lightness attracts me, but their durability kinda scares me. I have also looked at Rossi Scratch Brigade/BC skis, but meh not too stoked on it. A foam core doesn't bother me as long as its stiff because their light, and I cannot demo skis. I can only get 1 single ski for the season, so unfortunately no quiver :(
-Size: This is also where I am not sure. I need something longer than 172 for sure, so high 170's is what I need, I think. But since I'm getting a wider ski and skiing it in the park mostly, will it work? The Moment Tahoe's come in 180, next years blends in a 178/179 i think, and around 178 for the rossi. So not quite sure about that either :S
Lets hear your ideas/opinions! Whip out some skis that would work for me! And sorry for anything I missed, call me out on it. +++ karma for anyone that helps out