So last year i hit a burried rock and fliped over onto it straight to my elbow last season. When i went to the hospital at first they said it was no big deal just a bruise...It was nagging all summer and once I started to go to the gym again it really started hurting. Now i have a huge lump where my mussle is all messed up. When i went in a little while ago to get it checked they said it was deffanalty a special case, none of the olympic sports med doctors have seen it before. I guess the ligament or what ever it is that hooks the mussle to the bone is poped. Somehow my arm can still move without crazy pain or that much of a limited movement.
Tommorow I have to go in to get a MRI on it to make sure that they are completly positive on whats wrong. If they are correct i have to get surgery to repair my elbow. Only problem is that i wont be able to lift anything over 5 pounds for 2 months or so and it will pain for another month after that. I can live with the pain that i have right now for now.
Now my question Has anyone ever put off a surgery like this. They say it cant really get much worse unless i do basically the same thing on it so i was thinking about waiting till after the ski season is done. Do you think this is a stupid idea or can i be fine waiting.
....i probably wont take anyones advice on this 100% seeing as none of you are MD's but any kind of imput is always good Thanks