When I bought my hv20, I knew i was not getting a built in top handle, so I decided to make one...
20 inch aluminum bar (1/4" thick, 1" wide)
1/4 inch fine thread bolt thing to attach to camera (where you would screw in a tripod)
a couple rubber washers
1. go to home depot or wherever and buy all the shit you need
2. measure from where the hole in the bottom where you screw in a tripod is, to 1/2" to 1" from the back end of your camera. Make a mark with a sharpie. (SECTION 1)
3. From the previous mark, measure 3-4" higher than the hight of your camera and make a mark with a sharpie (this will be the back of the C handle, you want it higher than the cam so you can fit your glove in easily) (SECTION 2)
4.From the previous mark, measure about 5" and make a mark with a sharpie (this will be where your handle will be) (SECTION 3)
5. In SECTION 1, you will drill a hole the a little larger than the bolt you are using to attach the camera to the handle. Mark a spot in the middle towards the end of the aluminum section, and drill until the bolt fits nice and smooth.
6. Now, put the aluminum in a vice or a clamp right where you made your first mark with the sharpie. Bend the aluminum until you get a 90 degree angle. Just fuck around with it until it looks pretty good.
7. Repeat step 6 for the second sharpie mark.
8. Repeat step 6 for the third sharpie mark except make the angle a little bigger than 90, because you want to have some lift on the camera.
9. Take a bike handle, and put it on SECTION 3.
10. Take electrical tape and coat the rest of the surfaces that the camera could touch to prevent scratches-- you can add some steez and make a design or something.
11. screw the camera in with a rubber washer on either side of the bolt.
12. your good to go... enjoy.
Here is the final product.
Put pics of your own makes in here too.