Deleting Internet Explorer's entire History list
Here's how to delete Internet Explorer's entire History list:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Choose Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the "Clear History" button.
Internet Explorer immediately "forgets" the sites and pages you've visited.
To stop Internet Explorer from keeping the list altogether, continue to step four, below.
Deleting individual entries from the History list
- Set the "Days to keep pages in history" setting to "0".
If you'd like to keep the History enabled for convenience sake, you may delete
individual sites from the History by doing this:
- Open Internet Explorer and click its "History" button.
- Right-click the individual site you'd like to purge and select Delete from the
- Choose Yes to confirm the deletion.
While you're at it, get rid of the "my documents" section of the start menu:
Removing the Recent Documents link from XP Start Menu
To remove the My Recent Documents folder from XP Start Menu, try this:
- Right-click Start, and then click Properties
- Click Customize
- Click the Advanced tab
- Under Recent documents, uncheck List my most recently opened documents
- Click OK, and then OK.
Heck... go here :
Then you have to find a way to stop window media player from keeping a history