Found this on sherdog.com (a mma site with lots of members and fairly clean forums) and thought the member rules were pretty interesting. Especially for people who think newschoolers is too strict.
"Welcome! Sherdog is a private forum so posting is a privilege, not a right. All rules are subjective to administrative interpretation. Remember, the rules below apply to all things belonging to you (posts, signature, etc.), so if it violates the rules in a post context, it violates it in a signature context, avatar context, etc.
Yellow Cards: last 14 days and are warnings for minor infractions such as profanity in thread titles.
Double Yellows: last 30 days. Members lose many posting abilities. Any infractions while carded = ban.
Double Yellow Infractions
1. Fighter Bashing (including refs, promoters and the like) won't be tolerated anywhere on the board. Criticism is fine, flaming isn't. Minor bashing such as "so and so sucks, is a can, etc." is a double yellow, while extreme bashing like "so and so is a pile of shit, bitch, faggot, etc." will result in a ban.
2. Flaming/hateful comments ("Shut up Fag," "Fuck you Newb," etc.) - some leniency given to off-topic area only.
3. Postwhoring. Posting "+1," "too long, didn't read," "rickson by armbar," empty quoting, etc., will result in a double yellow card and post count reduction.
4. Scrollbombs or posts designed to cause thread or computer problems.
5. Posting video clips of events recently shown on pay per view. Posting full fight clips from unauthorized copyrighted events. Includes outwardly soliciting/providing via pm.
6. Nudity. No bareass, assfloss, nipples or graphic poses, avatars included.
7. Copyright infringement. Ex: If a site posts and interview, post a link don't cut and paste the entire article.
1. Member Harrassment (including pms, threats).
2. Tape trading/selling.
3. Using an alternate account while carded.
4. Orchestrating forum raids.
5. Posting a private conversation or personal information without consent.
6. Trolling (posting ridiculous/racist/disturbing comments, images or links), posting to stir shit/cause problems.
7. Porn. Posting or outwardly soliciting/providing pornographic images or links.
8. Posting fight spoilers outside the spoiler forum (shows on tape delay in the U.S.)
If you see a thread getting out of hand please pm a moderator and it will be taken care of."