It looks like you are using an ad blocker. That's okay. Who doesn't? But without advertising revenue, we can't keep making this site awesome. Click the link below for instructions on disabling adblock.
Well if you have any idea of what "passive tense" is then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
7 entries found for spelt.
spell3 Audio pronunciation of "spelt" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spl)
1. A short, indefinite period of time.
2. Informal. A period of weather of a particular kind: a dry spell.
1. One's turn at work.
2. A period of work; a shift.
4. Australian. A period of rest.
5. Informal. A period of physical or mental disorder or distress: a dizzy spell.
6. Informal. A short distance.
you searched for "spelt" on dictionary.com, and it gives you the definitions for "spell". that's what you copied and pasted. there is no such word as spelt. the tenses for the verb form of spell are "v. spelled, spell·ing, spells"