Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
5 most important things in freestyle skiing?
If a person that knew NOTHING about freestyle and newschool culture and skiing were to ask you what the five most important aspects of your sport was, what would be your answer?
Me and some friends are considering making a documentary on freestyle and would like to find out what would be the most important discussions.
this thread makes me think too much, that is NOT what newschoolers is for.
1) Ski with Laurent Favre's mad steeze
3) shred with friends on a rail
4) enjoy powder
5) enjoy a good day in the park
IN NO particular ORdeR
no one said "style" and not someone else's
1. Have a forced style.
2. have the 'spinning is more important than style' attitude
3. MUST pretend to be thug, even if your parents own 3 condos at different mountains in different states
4. doing switchups on rails is the most tech skiing can get
5. anything that is new or progression or any sort is known as being "gay"
1) talking about how youre going to throw down in the backcountry
2)really baggy pants
3) bitching about stuff(fis,conditions,newbs,sellouts)
4)neon or camo(pick whichever)
5)judging others on their ability and more importantly what theyre wearing
6. Skiing is a fashion show, not a sport.
2. something to do with friends
4. best way to spend a day ever.
you forgot poles you need poles
5 gettin a rush/ havin fun
Melvs I feel some hostility in your post...
1-drinking shit loads of beer and fucking up bars
2-making sure you have a hot ass chick
4-doin it to get sponsered
5-make sure theres tonnes of chicks there to wtch you stomp urban rails
hahaha skier's do just bitch about every thing no joke if it could be perfict and we would bitch
1. meet hot chicks
2. smoke pot
3. drink beer
4. have fun
5. stay drug free
has anyone skied on acid?
never use the word "freestyle" again
i explained it to a girl today, i said:
she got the idea
thats how to get booter crunk
here is how it goes down:
1) buttloads of snow
2) ski equiptment
3) snow cat
4) place to build park features
5) shovel for backcountry jumps
not making stupid documentaries about skiing in the first place cause most of the reasons above are either funny commentary (bitching, talking about bc instead of doing) or cheezy (challenging yourself)
I'll acctually answer seriously because I think a good documentary on skiing would be sick.
1. Style, in the air, on rails, on the hill, it defines us as skiers
2. Freedom, I think that the reason we all ski is of course fun but its the freedom of doing what you want and how you want that makes it so fun
3. Progression, everyday it is happeneing to every skier on the hill. Just by being there they are improving their skiing in some way, even if they don't know it.
4. Friendship, The crazy shit that can go down on the hill will make existing friends better friends and allow strangers to meet each other doing the thing they love.
5. Patience, It is something needed to ski, and something learned while skiing. Whether waiting for the "sickest rail in the park," or waiting for the conditions in the backcountry to be safe, or whatever it is, patience is vital to skiing.
I hope this helped.
^I'm not saying that there should not be documentaries on skiing, but i just think asking us the five most important things is kinda dumb because u know ur gonna get many bs answers and i think the bottom line is fun, cause when it comes down to it if your not skiing for fun, then why the fuck are you doing it... and as far as style goes, come on if u try to tackle that issue you are fucked because everyone will bitch at you for some reason
I guess it all goes to what he thinks as a personal preference.
skiing is a sport encouraged by pale people. it is a sport albinos use so they dont stand out
1. Looking phat
2. Talking trash
3. Coming onto newschoolers.com and arguing about technical bullshit.
4. Cutting up the lifties.
keep 'em coming :-) Obviously newschool-attitude is also a lot about sarcasm...
Is this some sort of twisted jeopordy where you reveal the answer first?
How DO you get a booter crunk? That is one of the most important questions every skier should ask themselves..
3)meet new people
4)learn new styles
1)be the biggest dick on skis
2)hate everything and everyone
3)skiing is all about the look
4)do not need to learn to ski
5)adapt a non comprehensible speech disability
1) do it be because u love it
why, you dont want to be labeled because then the snowboarders wont respect you?
2. chilling out. this is not the office.
3. nice scenery.
4. the scent of pine trees.
5. a mutually encouraging environment, everyone pushes each other in a good way.
the 5 most important things in freestyle skiing
3) making everyone else look at you with sweet moves
4) rad equipment
the #1 thing in skiing is to be a name dropper.
All times are Eastern (-4)