MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN HIT BY MASSIVE WINTER STORM
* Mammoth Mountain is being hit by a massive winter storm. As of 3pm today, Friday, January 4, 2008, the Ski Area had received over two feet of fresh snow.
* Forecasters are predicting increased winds and snowfall to continue throughout the weekend and into the following week.
* Mammoth Mountain was open today from 8:30am to 4pm for skiers and snowboarders to enjoy countless fresh powder turns. The Ski Area plans to operate as scheduled Saturday, January 5, 2008, as conditions permit.
* Highway 395 and State Route 203 are currently open, however chains are required.
* For current weather conditions and up-to-the-minute lift status reports, please visit MammothMountain.com or call 888.SNOW.RPT.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area is the leading four-season mountain resort in California. With 1.6 million annual skier visits, Mammoth Mountain is currently the third most frequented resort in the United States. The company owns and operates a variety of resort businesses including recreation, hospitality, food and beverage and retail. Specific
businesses owned and operated by Mammoth Mountain include Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, June Mountain, Tamarack Lodge and Resort, Mammoth Snowmobile Adventures, Mammoth Mountain Bike Park and the Mammoth Mountain Inn. Mammoth Mountain also operates Juniper Springs Resort, the Village at Mammoth and Sierra Star Golf Course in Mammoth Lakes, California. For more information on Mammoth Mountain, visit MammothMountain.com or call 800.MAMMOTH.